Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Several Pieces of Freehand Drawing

Dracula 02/2010
Instructor: Junyi Ye
I deliberately integrate the man’s profile with the castle. The branch of the tree acts like the vein on the man’s face.


Sunshine 04/2010
Instructor: Junyi Ye
I imitate the baby from an art book, but I think the blank background can’t match the smile of the baby. So I integrate a park with it. The sun shines from the same direction and lights on both the baby and the landscape. In addition, I rub the picture to produce shadowing effect.

Thunder 04/2010
The figures in the picture come from a scene in Tristan und Isolde, a performance of Hungary Győr Ballet in 1987. I integrate them with the roof, since they act like the rickety but determined house in thunder and storm.

Obesity 08/2010
Instructor: Junyi Ye
I use 6B and 8B pencils to depict the fat guy, and as what I do in Sunshine, I rub the paper to produce shadowing effect. I want to show the unhealthy eating habit and lifestyle as the outcome of modernization.




Three’s Company 02/2010
I use the same composition of picture to show the resemblance between woman and cat.
There is an interesting similarity between women and cats.

 





Beauty in My Life 07/2010 rice paper
Instructor: Zhekuan Li
I like to use different materials to depict the beauty in my life. At first I coudn’t wield the brush and pen well, but Zhekuan Li taught me to be decisive and calm.
Marker Sketch 09/2010
Instructor: Junyi Ye
The works are done on paperboard and one is realistic while another is a little abstract. I sketched directly with marker for the lines are clearer and smoother than that drawn with pencil. The first piece is the profile of my grandfather; I sketched it when he was playing chess. I created the second piece to express the amusing situation when a man is forced to kiss by a parrot.



No comments:

Post a Comment